Heavy Seas Danube Cruise and Prague 2018
Viking Cruise from Budapest to Passau (8 days - 7 nights) then add Froggy Travel Tour in Prague (3 days - 3 nights)
5 countries, 6 guided excursions including 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Froggy Travel extension includes: Transfer from Passau to Prague / Four-star hotel / Guided visits / Breweries / 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner
FOR A LIMITED TIME, "VIKING AIR" IS OFFERING USA-BUDAPEST ROUND TRIP FOR $500
Itinerary will be known only a couple weeks before departure, according to available seats on this route; number of stops is unknown at that time but booking via Viking guarantees to be taken care of in case of late flights and missed connections. And it is $500.
Note: Upgrades to business class are not possible with these bookings.
B-Breakfast / L-Lunch / D-Dinner
DAY 1 | Budapest, Hungary | October 7, 2018
Welcome to Budapest, capital of Hungary. After boarding, the afternoon is yours to relax or do a bit of exploring; if your arrival schedule permits, join an organized walk to Budapest’s famous covered market in the three-story Great Market Hall established in 1897. Return to your ship for a traditional Hungarian dinner.
DAY 2 | Budapest, Hungary |October 8, 201
Today we visit highlights of the hilly Buda and cosmopolitan Pest sides of the city, starting with Pest’s National Opera House and historic Heroes’ Square. In Buda, walk along Castle Hill to Fishermen’s Bastion and Matthias Church. Enjoy lunch aboard your ship; the rest of the day is yours to explore the city. You may wish to visit the Art Nouveau Gellért Spa, or one of the many other lavish facilities in this “City of Healing Waters.” Return to your ship for dinner and evening departure.
(B, L, D)
DAY 3 | Bratislava, Slovakia | October 9, 2018
Arrive in Bratislava this afternoon and follow a walking tour of Slovakia’s charming capital with a long and fascinating history. It is the only national capital that borders two other countries, Austria and Hungary. See attractions like the medieval Town Hall complex and fortifications at Michael’s Tower, the baroque Jesuit Church and Gothic St. Martin’s Cathedral, and pass by several Hapsburg-era baroque palaces before returning to your ship. This evening you can relax or take a walk before our late departure.
(B, L, D)
DAY 4 | Vienna, Austria | October 10, 2018
Today we tour the Austrian capital of Vienna. Ride along the Ringstrasse, which replaced the city walls in the mid-19th century. See some of the city’s baroque architecture, including the world-famous Opera House, St. Stephan’s Cathedral and Hofburg Palace. Return to your ship for lunch. The rest of the day is yours to further explore. As always, your Program Director can help you plan your free time. Or you may take an optional tour to Schönbrunn Palace, the “Versailles of Vienna,” erected in 1778 and graced by a number of formal gardens, Grecian statuary, the world’s oldest zoo and Roman ruins. After dinner, relax or enjoy an optional classical concert.
(B, L, D)
DAY 5 | Melk & Dürnstein, Austria | October 11, 2018
This morning, visit the 900-year-old abbey at Melk, a Benedictine monastery that began life as a castle of Leopold II. See its spectacular wall and ceiling frescoes; take note of the library’s comprehensive medieval manuscript collection; and admire the graceful spiral staircase. After lunch aboard your ship, we stop at the picturesque Wachau Valley town of Dürnstein, where you can explore on your own, or join an optional excursion to sample some local vintages from this famous wine-producing region.
(B, L, D)
DAY 6 | Linz, Austria | October 12, 2018
Arrive in Linz this morning and set off on an all-day excursion to the beautiful Bohemian town of Český Krumlov, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Ride through the scenic Czech countryside and take a walking tour featuring the lovely historic center of the city with many baroque and Renaissance buildings, dating back hundreds of years. You have some free time to enjoy Krumlov’s charming streets, filled with cafés, shops, galleries and pubs. Maybe stop for lunch in one of the many local restaurants. Return aboard for dinner and a late-evening departure.
DAY 7 | Passau, Germany | October 13, 2018
Arrive this morning in Passau, at the confluence of the Inn, Ilz and Danube Rivers. Your guided walk along the town’s narrow streets takes you through Old Town and past traditional patrician houses. You’ll see the New Bishop’s Residence and visit the impressive baroque St. Stephen’s Cathedral with its ornate interior. Inside, you are treated to a special concert played on the 17,000-pipe organ, considered Europe’s largest church organ. Enjoy an on board lunch, but return to the city to further explore on your own before dinner.
(B, L, D)
DAY 8 | Passau and Prague – Czech Republic | FROGGY TRAVEL TOUR | October 14, 2018
VIKING CRUISE services are ending after breakfast.
Our HEAVY SEAS GROUP will transfer by motor coach from the ship to the four-star ARIA Hotel (or similar) in Prague, near the Vltava River and the famous Charles Bridge, the historic Old Town and the shopping district.
Afternoon guided visit will allow you to get acquainted with one of the most beautiful town of the world. Few cities embody the past as authentically as Prague, the Czech Republic’s capital on the Vltava River clings to its history with unwavering passion. Prague’s medieval architecture is its most prominent, but the city is also a rich repository of Romanesque, baroque and Art Nouveau buildings that stir the imagination.
Simple lunch and convivial Czech dinner.
(B, L, D)
DAY 9 | Prague – Czech Republic | October 15, 2018
Beer aficionados will have the chance to be in Prague by a Master Brewer! Hugh Sisson will share his knowledge of local beers. Prague’s wonders, breweries visits and beer tasting will fill the day with the Charles Bridge, the mesmerizing Astronomical Clock, or the Jewish Quarter to see the 13th-century Altneuschul, Europe’s oldest, active synagogue.
Take a walk this evening to admire the city’s monuments beautifully illuminated like the National Theater, Prague Castle and again, the famous Charles Bridge,
DAY 10 | Prague – Czech Republic | October 16, 2018
More beer with Hugh and many other places to visit today in this amazing city. Perhaps the historic Wenceslas Square, the colorful cottages in Golden Lane where Franz Kafka lived and worked, or some of Prague’s more modern sights like the Frank Gehry designed Dancing House, an unusual office building inspired by Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
DAY 11 | Flight home | October 17, 2018
Flight back home for same day landing.
Viking Prestige: Built: 2011 Length: 443 ft. Crew: 45 Guests: 188 Decks: 4 Staterooms: 97
HEAVY SEAS DISCOUNTED RATES FOR CRUISE AND PRAGUE
Rates are Per Person - Cruise and land only:
- CABIN AA (Veranda) $5,324 (Only 2 available) + $799 Prague Froggy extension *
- CABIN A (French balcony) $3,324 + $799 Prague Froggy extension *
- CABIN B (French balcony) $3,124 + $799 Prague Froggy extension *
- CABIN C (French Balcony) $3,074 + $799 Prague Froggy extension *
- CABIN D (Water level, smaller window) $2,874 + $799 Prague Froggy extension *
- CABIN E (Water level, smaller window) $2,824 + $799 Prague Froggy extension *
- SINGLE CABIN $3,924 + $799 Prague Froggy extension * Add $370 for Single.
* PLEASE NOTE, you have a choice: Viking offers a 3 day extension to Prague as well, for the same price in similar hotel category (Hilton) but not as well located as the ARIA Hotel and without meals.
8 day – 7 night cruise – 5 countries – 7 ports and 3 nights in Prague.
- 6 included excursions with local guide & headset.
- Culture Curriculum®: Enjoy musical entertainment highlighting Austrian and Hungarian classics; attend lectures on Mozart and Viennese coffeehouses; learn some basics of German language; find out how Austrians make their apple strudel.
- All on board meals featuring regional specialties & always available American classics.
- Welcome Cocktail Reception & Farewell Dinner
- Multiple dining venues with open seating
- Outdoor dining when possible
- Beer, wine and soft drinks with on board lunch & dinner.
- 24/7 specialty coffees, teas & bottled water while on board.
- River-view stateroom.
- Room steward & twice-daily housekeeping service.
- Evening turn down service.
- Hotel-style bed with optional twin-bed configuration; luxury linens & pillows on board.
- 40″ flat-screen LCD TV, with interactive programming
- Complimentary Movies On Demand.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Security safe
- Hair dryer
- 110/220 volt outlets & USB port
- Direct-dial satellite phone
- Bathrobes & slippers (upon request)
- Heated bathroom floor & anti-fog mirrors
- Glass-enclosed shower
- Premium Freyja™ toiletries
- Transfer Passau/Hotel in Prague
- 3 nights in a 4* hotel
- Daily breakfast
- Lunch the first day
- Guided visit of Prague
- Dinner the first evening with beverages
- Breweries visits and beer tasting
Register for Heavy Seas Danube Cruise and Prague
Payment and Cancellation Information
- For more information and inventory, please use the form above to contact Froggy Travel or call 301.364.5050.
- A deposit of $600 per person is required to confirm this trip ($500 for Viking cruise and $100 for Froggy Travel extension to Prague).
- You are encouraged to send in deposits as soon as possible to guarantee space.
- Single cabins are available on this ship.
- Once the Deposit is received, all cancellations and or name changes will be assessed penalties per Viking T&C.
- Send a check within 5 days to the order of “Premier Vacations LLC” – 22620 Clarksburg Rd. – BOYDS MD 20841
- Payment in full is due by April 30, 2018
- If you want to use a credit card, please contact us with the above form or call 301.364.5050 (add 3.5% on payment).
- IT IS SUGGESTED TO SUBSCRIBE A TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE, via VIKING (recommended) or any other insurance company. Contact Lionel for information.